ThunderMax System Includes:
ThunderMax Performance Engine Control Module (ECM) with AutoTune System
Two (2) Wide-Band Bosch 5-Wire Oxygen Sensors (18mm)*
Thundermax Software Disc
ThunderMax Quick Start Easy Install and Printable Comprehensive User’s Manual
ThunderMax PN#309-466 (309-366) Applications:
• 2002 - 2017 V-Rod® Models
an industry award winning, performance ECM designed specifically for EFI
equipped Harley Davidson® motorcycles. This highly advanced, stand-alone tuning system
utilizes proprietary AutoTune technology with wide-band oxygen sensors to
deliver unmatched performance and rideability. ThunderMax comes 100% assembled, ready to install with no wire-cutting or splicing required.
Simply replace the factory ECM and oxygen sensors, load a map, and enjoy your
ThunderMax Benefits Include:
Easy to Install & Simple to Use
Increased Engine Performance & Motorcycle Rideability
Cooler, Smoother Running Engine
Adjustable Idle Speed & Rev Limit Control
No Dyno Required - Automatically Tunes for Riding Style & Riding Conditions
Never Outgrow It - Easily Accomodates Bike Changes (Pipes, Cams, and More)
100% Engineered & Made in the USA
3-Year Factory Limited Warranty
Each basemap has all of the items below optimized for you.
The user-friendly ThunderMax software allows access to these adjustable features and gives you the ability to control nearly every parameter of the system for simple adjustments or for custom tuning.
- Adjustable Rev Limit, Idle Speed, and Speedometer Calibration
- Adjustable Closed-Loop AFR Targets for Power and Fuel Mileage
- Adjustable Ignition Timing (Spark) Maps - Globally or by Specific Throttle Position with Engine Temperature Input
- Adjustable Engine Temperature Alert Alarm
- Adjustable Injector Size Compensation
- Adjustable Start Maps (Start Fuel Pulse) and Warm-up Settings
- Adjustable Accel Pump Simulation
- Adjustable Decel Pop Control
- New Rider Programming Mode Feature - Store up to 5 basemaps and access them PLUS the ability to change idle speed, speedometer calibration and clear AutoTuned adjustments ALL without linking to a computer. Select models only.
- H-D® Digital Tech Compatible
- Read & Clear Diagnostic Codes through Odometer Window, Digital Tech or Through the ThunderMax Software.
- Records Running Statistics Every 100 RPM / Engine Temperature Logs
- Live, Real-Time Engine Tuning
- Live, Real-Time Monitoring
- Live, Real-Time Recording
- Map Analyzer feature assesses AutoTuned map adjustments in a snapshot to simplify map analysis
- AutoMap Creator feature speeds AutoTune mapping and improves the tune of any engine and exhaust pipe combination using the learned autotune adjustments.
For 2012 and later V-Rod® Models: ThunderMax includes wide-band, 5-wire oxygen sensors that thread into 18mm x 1.5mm bungs located near the exhaust port, same thread size and location as stock narrow-band, 2-wire sensors used on 2008-2011 V-Rod® model exhausts. Starting with 2012 models, the oxygen sensors used by H-D® are smaller (12mm threads) heated 4-wire, narrow-band sensors. The ThunderMax wide-band, 18mm sensors must be mounted in the 2008-2011 location, up near the cylinder head exhaust port. If you are retaining the original equipment 2012 and later exhaust headers or have already purchased a pipe configured for 2012-up style 12mm sensors, 18 x 1.5mm bungs will need to be added to the existing headers in the upper location (near the exhaust port as on 2006-2011 models), with the 12mm sensors removed and ports capped. If using a not-yet-purchased aftermarket exhaust pipe, order an exhaust system for a 2008-2011 model (pipe fitment is the same for 2012-2015 models) and your ThunderMax sensors will install without modification. If you already have an aftermarket exhaust designed for a 2012 and later model V-Rod®, you will need to install bungs as mentioned previously if the system is not equipped with dual bung locations.
This product is intended for "RACE READY" vehicles only and is not for sale or use on vehicles otherwise subject to emission control requirements. In the state of California, this product should not be used on any vehicle that is registered for use on public roads. Please view the ThunderMax 50 application guide for "STREET APPROVED" & ARB compliant products.